Tuesday, October 9, 2007

One School Year

San Rafael Parochial School has its own story to tell.No one would dare to share it in public. Until I came to reveal the happenings behind every significant event.My one school year of stay at SRPS was more than enough to be on the know on what's going on.Though, I'm not connected anymore with SRPS, but I'm still updated with the latest chikka.

Let's reveal the unexposed....Let's uncover everything....Let's discover the hidden truth...

Guyzzzz,here we go!!!!

My Arrival at SRPS
May 19, 2006, I arrived at San Rafael Parochial School of Tondo, Manila to be part of SRPS workforce.School bookkeeper and computer teacher were the jobs waiting for my arrival .No resume and application letter submitted.No formal interview conducted.At an instant, I was hired.It was because the director of the school happened to be my benefactor who supported my studies in college.

At the Finance Office
The day after my arrival, I was then exposed to some accounting works in the Finance office. It was Che Canalda who gave me all the necessary information I need to do my job as a bookkeeper. She was looking then for a greener pasture that's why she was leaving and pass on bookkeeping task on me. The task was just an ordinary accounting stuff which I always encounter when I was in college.\

Rojay Degamo's Arrival
We were waiting for the arrival of Mr. Rojay Degamo to complete the San Rafael Parochial School's set of teachers.At last, he came. With Ma. Theresa Amigo, we headed our way to the pier to fetch him.

Newbies on the making!
We're busy a week before classes starts in preparation for everything we need. We're cleaning our respective classroom, decorating something to make it good in the eyes. Basta. We did also encoding in the computers the scope and sequence for each subject to be submitted to our Academic Coordinator, Ms. Leonida Pastrana as soon as possible.

First Day High
First day of class was memorable to me. My new acting role of being a computer teacher commenced. Everything was just an acting...how could u imagine a hunkie-punkie accountancy guy transformed into a noble teacher who knew nothing about teaching profession. Why teaching? I don't really know the answer. Maybe napasubo lang ako sa offer so, pinanindigan ko na lang. Believe it or not, I rehearsed what should I say and how would I say it at home many many times. Because I don't want to face my students not being ready in the battle.Third year class was the first class I ever had. I could felt my voice trembling and my knees shaking the very moment I stepped in their door. "This is it!" was the very phrase I uttered. I just introduced myself and I let the students introduced themselves too. I also informed them the rules and regulations in my class. After that very first class, everything was alright.

Rojay Degamo's Exodus
Rojay Degamo just experienced few days of teaching but he decided to back out.He used to be the adviser of Grade 4 class then. Though, the academic coordinator, Ms. Leonida Pastrana and the school director, Fr. Biliran, did not want to let him go. But still, Mr. Degamo insisted to fly back home without justifiable reason.

Here comes Sir Jay-Are!
Rojay's exodus gave Jay-are's chance to teach. Nardito Rodriguez Jr's replaced Rojay as the adviser of Grade 4 class.With Jay-are's presence, SRPS dance troupe came into its existence.

Who was evicted?
After I dismissed my computer class that very day, I noticed him I asked him why a sudden silent. Jay are known to be a jolly person.He then let me read a letter from the administration and I was terribly shock upon knowing that he was already terminated from the service. The reason: He just punched lang naman a Grade 3 pupil in the stomach. The pupil naman was nagsumbong sa parents. The parents naman pumunta sa school to file complain against him.Just then and there, he was fired.

Ms. Espiritu's Invasion
Jean Carla Espiritu was supposed to be a substitute kindergarten teacher for Ms. Joyrouth Denoy who was on maternity leave.Due to Mr. Nardito Rodriguez eviction, she then took the evictee's position for the meantime as a Grade 4 adviser.Temporarily,classes left by Teacher Joy was distributed evenly to available teachers.

Look who's in the campus!
After thorough evaluation of credentials...after critical appraisal of teaching demonstration...after the administrators unanimous decision...Ms. Mariciel Quitaleg, a young lady from Urbiztondo, Pangasinan came to join the SRPS teaching staff. She replaced Ms. Espiritu as the Grade 4 adviser. Can you imagine that she was the fourth adviser of the Grade 4 pupils for SY 2006-2007? Meanwhile, Ms. Espiritu joined again the Kindergarteners.

Sir Rutchel took his final wave
People come...people go.It so happened that Mr. Rutchel Nicer, a Science teacher for five years made a wise decision to leave SRPS and try his luck abroad.His position was vacated for almost a month.

Welcoming the new Science Teacher!
After a month of quest for the right individual who will take Sir Rutchel's vacated position, Mr. Jeffrey PeƱaflor adjudged to be the right one. He was a graduate of Navotas Polytechnic College.

Look! who's new!
Ms. Gina Amarillo, a Social Studies teacher took a leave from work giving Ms. Kristine Tinoco to take her place temporarily.

Ms. Alma Nicolas in the house!
Ms. Lolita Lugtu, the Grade 3 adviser tendered his resignation for some reasonable reasons.Her resignation gave way for Ms. Alma Nicolas to be part of SRPS family.

Substitute Teachers!Goodbye!
Ms. Kristine Tinoco and Ms. Jean Carla Espiritu waved their hands to SRPS family to take another oppurtunities outside the campus. Ms. Gina Amarillo and Ms. Joyrouth Taclob were back after a couple of months on leave.

The Birth of Tres Marias
Ms. Ma. Theresa Amigo, Ms. Mariciel Quitaleg and Ms. Alma Nicolas were the Tres Marias in the campus.It was yours truly who christened them with that name.Actually, it was originally Tres Marias Bruhildas de Malditas but I then realized that it was too long name so, I modified it.Why Tres Marias? It was because they were the three neophyte lady in the school who usually did some gimmicks inside or outside the campus.They were the once who api api me throughout my acting teaching role in the world.

Ms. Santos' Wise Decision
Life wasn't that easy for Ms. Cherrylyn Santos then. She was the adviser of Grade 5.She was given the rare oppurtunity of working abroad.She filed a resignation but it was not instantly approved by the administrators.It took hermuch effort to convince the admin to approve it. Upon approval, she requested me and Ms. Gina Amarillo do her remaining paper works. Without hesitation, she got our nod.She took her wings and fly to Dubai before the classes ends on March 2007.


School Year 2006-2007 ended with peace and harmony!!!!

No comments: