Tuesday, October 23, 2007

After Retreat Scandal

SRPS Teacher’s Retreat
I arrived home safe and sound. I bought some bread for my breakfast. But I didn’t eat it because I need to attend the mass first. I just changed my shirt and headed my way to San Rafael Parish with my housemate, Andrea.

At church, we came in late. The celebrant was in the middle of his homily. I couldn’t remember what his sermon was all about. Some teachers of SRPS were there gracing the show, I mean, attending the mass. The mass ended with peace and harmony as the priest usually says….So, I went back home for a sole purpose…to sleep.

At home, after completing my breakfast, I went to sleep. After three hours of good sleep, I woke up because someone came in and woke me up. Andrea, the gal who wake me up from a wonderful daydream. Gosh! Added to my gosh was the idea of something…something she informed me. She texted me before her dramatic arrival regarding that pretty good idea, however, I was in my deep deep sleep and my phone couldn’t wake me up since I set it in a silent mode. I immediately got the energy of being a Cinderella in the modern world-I mean-I cleaned some of the mess in our room.

After few moments, my two eyes caught same faces of Sir Peñaflor, Ms. Escobio, Ms. Tinoco and Sir Nicolas as they stepped in our room. The four already sat on the bed when Sir Danganan came in. Chit-chats started.The social drinking formally commenced when Andrea and Sir Michael arrived along with a bottle of hard liquor, softdrinks and some junk foods. Except Sir Danganan and Sir Nicolas, the rest visited our room for the first time in history.

Speaking of History, Sir Nicolas, Sir Michael and Ms. Tinoco were Social Studies graduates. Lots of queries in history that needs an answer, probably they could be of help in answering those.

Chitchats continued….After a couple shots of liquor, I felt something unusual…my head started aching as if I wanted to sleep.So I laid my body down to sleep. However, Sir Nicolas said: “Sir, senyales na ‘yan.” He said that because the last time we drink, I slept while the drinking moment was going on. I realized it was so unethical if I sleep while they’re having fun.

Why should I not join the fun?They drunk some more. I drunk some more too. Some smoked cigarette. I tried it too. Honestly, I didn’t smoke. I believe it was my third time to smoke. The first instance was when I felt bored staying alone at home. The second time was when we had our vacation at Laguna. I don’t want to make it a habit. Government warning: Cigarette smoking is dangerous to our health.

I texted Ms.Muaña to come and join us in having fun but she declined. She had to do something much more important than drinking. Laughs! I received a text message from Ms. Orbi asking me if I was drunk. I replied I wasn’t. Based on actions, I believed I was,however, I just pretended I wasn’t.Laughs!

What happened next were shocking realities.
There was this ’suka’ moment of Sir Michael.
There was both crying and suka moment of Andrea.
There was hilo effect of Ms. Tinoco.
There was sleeping effect of Sir Jef in the restroom.

The happenings were strange and funny but I didn’t laugh out loud. I just stayed in the corner doing nothing…just thinking
I thanked God I did not do something strange…anything unusual just like what they did. I strongly believe it wasn’t their intention to behave that way. Should I say they were possessed with the spirit of liquor? Come to think of what happened after the SRPS teachers retreat. Gosh!

Josh and Angelo were also in the house witnessing what’s happening.The very first I met Josh was when he attended the reunion of his uncle’s scholars somewhere in Bohol. After 6 years, I didn’t expect to see a totally different Josh. I wasn’t on the know regarding the happenings when I left them to attend to my work.Actually, couple of hours before my shift, I called Forcedesk Manila in the company where I am in informing them that I couldn’t come to work because I have headache. However, for some reasons, I forced myself to come to work. I reached my station and immediately informed my supervisor if I could go on undertime.After a couple of hours, my special request was granted so, I went home.I slept…….

No comments: