Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tired of being Rich and Famous

I was once a child dreaming to be part of public media.Taking mass communication could be my stepping stone in realizing that dream. But then, the school where I got the most coveted scholarship is not offering the course I want. So,I ended up taking a course which made me sick in computing millions of billions.I graduated my Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy at the top of the class last March 22, 2006. I can never forget the look on my parent’s faces when they stepped on stage to accept my silver medal. At last, my four years of struggle in college has been rewarded.

Life after graduation wasn’t easy for me. Looking for a good job in every corner of Bohol made my head aching.Job offerings to be employed in Manila as a computer teacher and an accounting assistant knocked my door. Though, far from my family, I accepted the offer. It’s not easy to be a teacher and a student at the same time. I couldn’t imagine myself being an educator at a very young age of 20. Student life is still in my system because I studied education after my work shift. I exerted my best effort to perform my job extraordinarily well and I managed my precious time so at least to excel in all my subjects at school. For some reasons, I stopped studying and focused my mind in teaching.

One school year of molding children is more than enough to realize that just like every one else, I am looking for a greener pasture. I sacrificed my career in teaching and call it quits. I try my luck in a call center industry. Luckily, I’ve got the coveted job offer instantly.Currently, I am on the wildest ride of my life. I’m now a call center agent, a certified travel expert, they say. But I’m not stopping here, I am looking forward of taking CPA board exam in the near future. I’m planning to complete my unfinished education course or take masteral degree perhaps.

As of now, I’m tired of being rich and famous.

No comments: